10.02.2008

Review: Central Park Sheiks Honeysuckle Rose




Check out the album cover on the home page blog link. It's the Central Park Sheiks "Honeysuckle Rose". I'd like to make it an ongoing tradition at "tom sed what" to review some of my old and new favorite albums\cds from time to time. Yes.....I am old enough to remember and own many great old record albums. This is a favorite of mine from the mid 70's. The Sheiks were a great NYC based acoustic swing band. Richard Lieberson on guitar, who sadly passed away a few years ago, and Matt Glaser on fiddle were the mainstays of the band back then. This whole album is great with a combo of traditional and original tunes. I especially remember sitting in Homestead Music in Mercer PA with my old buddy Mike Reznor, who designed this website by the way, working out the intro and then learning the chords to Mr. Blake, a fun tune that I still like to sing and play. HSR is still available as an import and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys this genre.

No comments: